APMP Foundation face-to-face - 2 Oct- Manchester
Face-to-face APMP Foundation Course and exam (Manchester). 2nd October
AC Hotel, 15 Mason Street, Manchester M4 5FT
8:30am - 6:00 pm
APMP FOUNDATION TRAINING & EXAM
MANCHESTER– 2nd October 2023
Please see below for full details of this event.
1. Pre-course actions – IMPORTANT!
There are a couple of things we’ll need from you at least one week before the course:
- If you’ve not already done so, you’ll need to provide us with your APMP membership number. If you’re not yet a member, you can join via APMP’s website, choosing “Individual” membership. Please note that the surname we use to book your exam paper must exactly match the surname on your APMP membership. So if you’ve changed your name recently please do make sure you check carefully.
- Please let us know if you have any special requirements of which we should be aware (e.g. dietary requirements, access needs, dyslexia or handouts in large print format).
2. Course logistics
This course will take place at the AC Hotel, 15 Mason Street, Manchester M4 5FT. Please ask reception to show you to the room for the Strategic Proposals APMP Foundation course.
We’ll start the course at 08:45 prompt. Please arrive at 08:30 to get settled in, so that we can start on time. If you’re delayed for any reason on the morning, please contact your trainer, Jon Williams, on +44 (0)781 333 2294.
We’ll finish presenting the course material no later than 16:15, giving you a short break before you sit the exam. We’ll then mark your papers - and let you know your result before you leave at the end of the afternoon. The event will finish by 18:00. Please don’t book travel that requires you to leave earlier than 18:00 as we can't cut the exam or marking short!
We’ll provide refreshments, including lunch, during the day. Casual clothing is just fine. There’s no need to bring a laptop.
3. Exam structure and background
The assessment comprises a multiple-choice exam of 75 questions in one hour. The pass mark is 42. The exam is paper based (i.e. not online: there’s no need to bring your laptop) – but if you’d like to try a practice exam to see the sort of questions that get asked, head to this link and choose “APMP (2015) Foundation” from the drop-down menu.
The exam is ‘open book’, so you may consult any materials that you find useful – including the course handouts, study guide and APMP glossary. We’ll provide printed copies of everything on the day,
The exam board requires us to check photographic ID for candidates before you sit the exam. Please bring something suitable along – driving licence, work identity badge etc.
4. Pre-course reading
Although the course covers the information you’ll need for the exam, you may find it useful to familiarise yourself with a few key sections from APMP’s “Study Guide” before the day.
The guide is available to APMP members via this link, using the same email address and password that you’ll have set up for the main APMP website (apmp.org). Please have a look at the chapters on:
- Introduction to the Business Development Lifecycle
- Strategy and Win Themes
- Value Propositions
- Gate Decisions
- Review Management
- Content Plans.
This is recommended not mandatory, and there’s no need whatsoever to learn it all by heart! And don’t worry about trying to print off the guide: we’ll give you a copy of the Study Guide textbook on the day.
If you want to know more about the certification scheme, you can read more here on the APMP website.
5. Cancellation policy
We appreciate the pressures of life in bids and proposals, but we're sure you appreciate that we can't end up out-of-pocket for costs we can't recover.
At any time, you can nominate a colleague to take your place, at no cost, provided they’re an APMP member. Otherwise:
- If you cancel your place more than fourteen days in advance, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you cancel fourteen or fewer days before the event, or don’t turn up on the day, we won’t be able to refund your costs as we’ll already have ordered your handouts, exams, food etc.
6. Further information
Feel free to ask if there’s anything we can do to help prior to the workshop. Just contact:
Jon Williams - Managing Director, Strategic Proposals
We very much look forward to seeing you!
|Event Date||02 Oct 2023 - 8:30 am (UK Time)|
|Event End Date||02 Oct 2023 - 6:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Individual Price||£530 + VAT where applicable|