APMP Foundation conference course - 10 Oct - London Hilton Terminal 5 - SPECIAL RATE
UK APMP Pre-conference Face-to-face APMP Foundation Course and exam - Monday 10th October
The Gallery 4 meeting room room at at the Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 5.
8:30am - 6:00 pm
APMP UK PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY - FOUNDATION TRAINING & EXAM
HILTON HEATHROW TERMINAL 5 – 10th OCTOBER 2022 – 0830-1800
Strategic Proposals are delighted to be hosting this event on behalf of APMP UK, on the day before the association’s highly anticipated annual conference. All proceeds from the day, after costs, will be donated to APMP UK funds. The course presenters, Jon Williams and Graham Ablett, are both APMP Fellows with amazing track records of helping people to pass this qualification!
1. Course logistics
This course will take place in Gallery 4 meeting room at the Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 5. On-site parking is available at a discounted rate of £6.00 per day (8 hours), for residential guests the 24-hour parking rate is £8.00 per 24 hours. This is not included in the course price.
Coffee will be available from 08:30, and we’ll start the course at 08:45 prompt. If you’re delayed for any reason on the morning, please contact your lead trainer, Jon Williams, on +44 (0)781 333 2294.
We’ll finish presenting the course material no later than 16:15, giving you a short break before you sit the exam. We’ll then mark your papers - and let you know your result before you leave at the end of the afternoon. The event will finish by 18:00. Please don’t book travel that requires you to leave the venue earlier than 18:00 as we can't cut the exam or marking short.
We’ll provide refreshments, including lunch, during the day. Casual clothing is fine.
2. How much does it cost? The course costs £445 (plus VAT if you are in the UK).
3. What’s included? The fee includes the training, printed copies of any handouts, APMP Study Guide and APMP Glossary. And it includes the APMP Foundation exam fee of £250 / $400 (or local equivalent).
4. How do I join APMP? You must be a member of APMP to attend the course, access the online “Study Guide” and sit the exam. If you’re not already a member, join via the “Regular / Individual Membership” option (which costs $170 for a year, not included in your course fee) - https://www.apmp.org/join-apmp/
5. Exam structure and background
The assessment comprises a multiple-choice exam of 75 questions in one hour. The pass mark is 42 and you’ll be told your result on the day before you leave. The exam is paper based (i.e. not online; there’s no need to bring your laptop).
The exam is ‘open book’, so you may consult any materials that you find useful – including the course handouts, study guide and APMP glossary. We’ll provide printed copies of everything on the day.
6. Pre-course reading
Although the course covers the information you’ll need for the exam, you may find it useful to familiarise yourself with a few key sections from APMP’s “Study Guide” before the day.
The guide is available to APMP members via this link, using the same email address and password that you’ll have set up for the main APMP website. Please have a look at the chapters on:
- Introduction to the Business Development Lifecycle
- Strategy and Win Themes
- Value Propositions
- Gate Decisions
- Review Management
- Content Plans.
This is recommended not mandatory, and there’s no need whatsoever to learn it all by heart! And don’t worry about trying to print off the guide: we’ll give you a copy of the textbook on the day.
If you want to know more about the certification scheme, you can read more here on the APMP website.
7. Pre-course actions
There are a couple of things we’ll need from you at least one week before the course:
- You’ll need to provide us with your APMP membership number. You can do this when registering for the course, or email us afterwards. If you’re not yet a member, you can join via APMP’s website, choosing “Individual” membership.
- Please let us know if you have any special requirements of which we should be aware (e.g. dietary requirements, dyslexia, access needs or handouts in large print format).
- The exam board requires us to check photographic ID for candidates before you sit the exam. Please bring something suitable along – driving licence, work identity badge etc.
8. Cancellation policy
We appreciate the pressures of life in bids and proposals, but we're sure you appreciate that we can't end up being left out-of-pocket for costs we can't recover.
At any time, you can nominate a colleague to take your place, at no cost. Otherwise:
- If you cancel your place more than fourteen days in advance, you’ll receive a full refund.
- If you cancel fourteen or fewer days before the event, or don’t turn up on the day, you won’t receive a refund.
9. Further information
Feel free to ask if there’s anything we can do to help prior to the workshop. Just contact:
We very much look forward to helping you to pass this qualification!
|Event Date||10 Oct 2022 - 8:30 am (UK Time)|
|Event End Date||10 Oct 2022 - 6:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Cut off date||28 Sep 2022 - 12:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Individual Price||£445 + VAT where applicable|